◆日英バイリンガルHR Manager （Exempt position)
This position is responsible for leading and managing all of the HR team’s functions and activities and engaging with the business operations teams on strategic initiatives that are aligned with company goals. The position is responsible for the compliance with various laws and regulations.
◆ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
＜Strategic HR Management＞
• Create and execute an HR management plan aligned with Company’s short-and long-term goals
• Update company rules and handbook based on state & federal regulation changes in the US and at Japanese Headquarters
• Review and revise benefits, emergency procedures and rule changes
• Implement employee welfare initiatives
• Manage employee anniversaries, birthdays, promotions, organize & manage corporate events, handle seasonal greeting cards etc.
• Digitize HR documents
• Work with outsourced vendors: payroll, audit, recruiting, legal, insurance broker, etc.
• Serve as bridge between managers/employees
• Manage new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals
＜Management of Daily HR Operations＞
• Hiring (advertising, screening, offer letter, background checks etc.)
• New employee orientation, onboarding (I9, e-verify, coordinate with other team members, create training plan etc.)
• Budgeting (budget for new hiring, promotions)
• Insurance and retirement plan (suggest plans, implement, handle applications etc.)
• Vacation & sick days approvals and reviews
• Timesheet audits for payroll
• Recruiting: interview, test, and assist the selection of employees in conjunction with the hiring manager and General Manager to fill vacant positions
• Termination (exit interview, prepare documents etc.)
• Manage immigration issues at the request of President.
• Support Operations as needed to ensure that the Company goals are met.
• Keep abreast of employment laws as they apply to the USA and Florida.
• A bachelor’s degree or higher in any major (preferably business, human resources)
• Fluency in English and Japanese: speaking, reading, and writing
• At least 5-7 years of business experience in human resources
• At least 2-3 years of experience directly managing/supervising an HR team
• Proven track record of working on teams
• Extensive experience with visas
• Attention to detail, accuracy and accountability
• A strong sense of ethics, trustworthiness
• Effective time management
• Flexibility to deal with management decision changes
• PHR Certification required, SPHR certification preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software; Word, Excel and Outlook
• Bi-lingual in Japanese required
• Experience with Kronos/UKG, preferred
• Able to effectively communicate verbally in English and Japanese with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
• Able to work effectively and relates well with others Including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works, to maintain constructive working relationships.
• Able to apply ratios, percentages, fractions and proportions to practical situations. Basic arithmetic which includes subtraction, addition, division, multiplication and counting of items. The employee must also be able to analyze and solve problems
• Able to interpret and analyze a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or diagrams.