Prepares, maintains, and translate of Corporate Action Event notifications and market related publications, as well as maintains and updates contains of relevant pages on the Bank’s website.
＜JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES？
* Retrieves corporate action notifications generated by Custody Service department, including but not limited to reorganizations, acquisitions, mergers, tender offers, spin off, etc., from internal system and translates these notifications into Japanese for customers.
* Reviews the details of translated document and verifies the accuracy.
* Ensures all assigned Corporate Action events are translated and communicated to customers.
* Prepares, maintains, and translates reports, news, publications and other materials to the clients and internal use for both physical and electrical manners.
* Collects all available information related to custody business which includes but is not limited to; market requirement, securities market practice, regulations, taxations, sub custodians’ requirements from various sources such as internet, information vendors, industrial magazines, and co-works with Network management department as a liaison.
* Analyzes the collected information and extract useful information, conduct further research if necessary to prepare the newsletters to distribute to the clients and for internal use.
* Informs manager when potential problems are expected. If a translation problem has occurred an action is required from the administrator to solve.
* Responsible for verifying the accuracy, maintenance, and update of the contents of the relevant pages on the Bank’s web site.
* Provides daily monitoring for urgent information, which might require immediate attention of the clients, and responsible reporting of any problems to the manager for further informing appropriate personnel and the clients.
* Attends compliance seminars and passes any tests that may be given
* General Compliance Responsibilities: Monitors the business activities and operations of the Bank for potentially suspicious activities, and, utilizing the Suspicious Activity Reporting Form found in the Bank’s “P” Drive, reports promptly to the Bank’s Secrecy Act Officer and Legal Department all potentially suspicious activities of which the employee becomes aware.
* Provides high quality work by ensuring accuracy and seeking to continuously improve our processes and platforms by embracing new and better ways of doing things
* Performs all functions as assigned by the management.
*Detail oriented, team player, ability to effectively prioritize work in a multiple task environment with critical, inflexible deadlines.
*Good oral and written communications skills.
*Professional attitude and strong work ethics.
*College degree or equivalent work experience
*Basic computer skills – Microsoft Excel & Word.
*Following experiences and skills are preferred
*3-4 years’ experience in a securities and banking environment. Corporate action processing experience and/or background.
*Knowledge of all aspects of Corporate Action, usually acquired through course work or experience.
*Knowledge of the securities industry usually acquired through course work or experience.
*Strong translation skills
*Bookkeeping, accounting, or finance training or experience.
*Financial Services experience
*Organizational and analytical skills to prepare corporate action information.