◆An international trading company is seeking a sales & business development associate in NYC.
The company provides innovative solutions and services for various industries including Plastics, Chemicals, Electronics, Information Technology and Food Enterprises.
• Searches prospecting new customers from scratches by making cold calls and visited them in various kind of industries with Bio, Green Energy, Chemical, Automotive, Food, etc.
• Maintains existing customers by facilitating regular meetings, promoting new material with better pricing, suggesting improved logistics.
• Coordinates suppliers visit from overseas, and visits existing customers together to solve problems of material being supplied, or in case new business development, coordinates business start-up by assisting to complete NDA and coordinated samples for evaluation.
• Finds new suppliers/vendors for customers and prepared quotations and negotiates prices between suppliers and customers, and promotes total supply chain proposal.
• Coordinates to open booth for some trade shows and attends the show aggressively to promote products.
• Makes budget and manages to achieve the budget.
• Other special projects assigned by the upper management
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business related major is preferred.
• 2~5 years of sales experience is required.
• Basic knowledge of financial analysis techniques, accounting and how to structure a formal business arrangement.
• Requires thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) for creation of research, reporting and presentations.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills necessary.
• Ability to adapt to a cross-cultural environment is critical.
• Ability to travel up to 50% in the US and internationally (requires valid driver’s license and passport)
• Knowledge of Biotechnology/Biochemical industries and products is preferred, but not necessary.
• Japanese language skills is a big plus.