PR & Communications, PR Senior Associate (※Non-Exempt)
＜Summary＞ This position is responsible for public relations initiatives within a company, by supporting PR strategist and coordinating the public relations activities, by communicating and maintaining relationship with media, and assisting with other functions as necessary.
◆Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage media relations and interview requests
2. Write, edit, proof of press releases, corporate information and other PR copy and put out the daily Industry News
3. Establishes and maintains effective relationship with media and other business and community representatives
4. Distribute press releases
5. Answer enquiries from media, individuals and other organizations
6. Support planning events including press conferences, exhibitions, and press trip
7. Play a supporting role in crisis communications
8. Seek out new press opportunities, create related story pitches and leverage relationships with key media for successful placement
9. Enhance the company’s voice and presence through online and offline channels
10. Support the implementation of promotional plans
11. Work with PR and social media agency partner(s) to craft content ideas and develop strategies to create media awareness for events and programs
12. Communicate with Tokyo headquarters regarding corporate news, sponsorships etc.
13. Perform research, develop report and presentation, record and process invoice payments and make PR-related flight bookings
14. Assist PR Strategist with organizing and analyzing media inquiry database as well as the media coverage reports from H+K
15. Perform any other duties as directed by Management
16. The position includes occasional business trips
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• At least two years of related Public Relations experience required.
• Additional experience in Advertising and/or Marketing preferred.
• Experience in the Airline/Travel industry preferred.
• Or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software, PowerPoint and Excel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell.
＜Basic working time＞
・Monday through Friday , 5days/week, 40hours/week
・Insurance (Medical, Dental, Eye *optional)