＜Payroll Manager/ Full-Time (40hrs) / Exempt＞
• We prefer a candidate in NJ but will consider out of state full time with a 3 hour time difference from EST time
• Salary is $100,000 and negotiable based on skill and experience of the candidate
• We are not willing to sponsor a candidate
• Full time 40 hours a week
• Japanese English bilingual preferred
The role of Payroll Manager is responsible for the payroll function and tax consultation services to clients. They
will work with clients to develop tax strategies and policies for client operations and transactions. They will lead
internal and external training sessions to help foster career development of tax Staff and Senior accountants.
• Prepare and review 1040 tax returns and other tax forms
• Prepare and review tax equalization calculation
• Assist in responding to notices and act as client representative with tax authorities
• Conduct gross up computation for expatriates
• Maintain payroll operation by collecting and entering data, and reviewing payroll reporting
• Work with clients to develop tax efficient solutions which address clients’ business needs
• Work on expanding tax knowledge and keep up-to-date with latest tax regulations
To qualify, candidate must have:
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting, or a tax concentration within an accounting program from an
• 5+ years of individual income tax / payroll experience
• A CPA / EA license required
• Strong tax accounting and analytical skills.
• Strong computer skills: proficiency in tax accounting software, Excel, Word.
• Excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and set daily, weekly and monthly priorities.
• Detail-oriented with a strong level of accuracy in aspects of reporting and communication.
• Business level proficiency in English required – Dual business level proficiency in Japanese preferred/required.
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• 401k retirement plan
• Paid sick and vacation time
• Paid volunteer time off / Matching Donations
• Referral bonus program
• CPA/EA license incentives and professional membership reimbursements