＜This position is exempt Full-time.＞
This position is responsible for managing the restaurants of the America THE COMPANY. This position must pursue the Company philosophy “Corporate Ideal of America THE COMPANY Inc.”; ensuring that all customers are “touched” and “moved” by the by Japanese hospitality and that each customer receives a uniquely thrilling dining experience. This individual is responsible for ensuring the Company high quality standard of food, beverage and supply materials and smooth restaurant operations.
＜Managing Restaurant Activities＞
* Ensures all restaurant business goals are met.
* Obtains sales-mix reports and cost analyses and develops sales tactics to be executed by employees and then assesses positioning of America THE COMPANY in the industry consumer trends.
* Adheres to Company quality material standards, quality vendor standards, food handling-preparation-cooking standards, and service excellence standards.
* Presents and explains ideas, suggestions and alterations to the above standards and secures approval from senior management before altering standards.
* Achieves the optimal allocations of manpower and materials to yield the highest gross margin.
* Manages the HACCP program: ensures all aspects of the restaurant to meet NYC Health Codes; ensures customer restrooms are always clean, the dining area is neat, and all meals are served on spotless dishes with clean cutlery.
* Analyzes customer feedback and uses it to improve food & beverage operations.
* Infuses every aspect of restaurant activities and customer contacts with spirit of America THE COMPANY’s Service Standard.
* Reports regularly and accurately and sufficiently to senior management.
* Establishes an optimal price/value relationship.
* Proposes an innovative idea of the food & beverage operations to senior management.
* Business Project –by developing the internal/ external business project for further company growth as approved by senior management; by conducting restaurants operation to meet the accomplishment of project.
＜Employee Management, Training & Development Activities＞
* Checks and confirms that the restaurant has the positive teamwork and an efficient personnel system.
* Advises and directs all restaurant employee activities to ensure America THE COMPANY’s Service Standard.
* Develops training programs in collaboration with Human Resources.
* Determines what information, skills, and training is needed to ensure each and every customer has a “touching” and “moving” experience at the restaurant; then delivers that to employees.
* Upgrades employees in the leadership chain by identifying leaders and providing them training and feedback to reach their potential.
* Promotes employee teamwork and motivates them by providing a work environment that is safe and free of hazardous conditions, unlawful discrimination, harassment, and retaliation; complies with all Federal, State, and local laws and regulations.
* Evaluates according to the Company standard procedures as necessity arises
＜General Executive Management Activities＞
* Constantly identifying financial or operational risks in the restaurant, and by reporting these to senior management.
* Identifies and corrects immediate dangers to employees, customers, and the facility.
* Enhances the net-working with the other FOH/BOH managers to ensure best results for the Company.
* Listens to employees, vendors/suppliers, and customers patiently by active listening and acts on their suggestions for improving processes, efficiencies, and the customer experience.
* Acts on feedback provided by employees, other managers, suppliers/vendors and customers.
* Achieves the Company philosophy, narrative goals, strategy and financial targets of the long- and short-run.
＜Physical Requirements & Working Environment＞
* Ability to talk and/or regularly hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
* Ability to read and analyze written information on a computer terminal. In addition, frequently requires vision abilities such as close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Ability to consistently smell and identify odors, especially of decay.
* Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level is usually moderate.
＜Minimum Qualifications Needed＞
* Written and verbal communications skills in order to communicate effectively with staff, vendors, and government entities in English.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret memos and directives from management.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, sales totals, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
* Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with different personalities and to work well in teams. Must be friendly, courteous and helpful to customers. Must be tactful, mature and flexible.
* Ability to use Microsoft Excel and Word required.
* Knowledge of Japanese history, culture and cuisine is required.
* Food Protection Certificate is required.
* COVID-19 vaccination is required
* Bachelors Degree (BA) from a four-year college or university and 3 years management experience in the industry year is required, or
* A vocational school certificate or associate degree with at least 5 year management experience in the industry, or
* At least 5 years of successful supervisory experience in the restaurant industry.