THE COMPANY is hiring a Credit and Planning Associate. This role is a supporting member of the Portfolio Management and Agency team in the Fund Finance Solutions Department (FFSD) responsible for providing portfolio level reporting regarding risk frameworks for senior stakeholders, assisting with team strategy, planning, exposure management, and generally leading or contributing to projects, as needed.
This role will provide support for risk and planning functions for the ex-patriate employees as well as senior stakeholders in the Fund Finance Department.
★This role requires fluent Japanese language skills.
• Work with teams and bankers as well as planning management, product specialists, credit analysts, etc. to understand the business issues specific to each team.
• Lead communication efforts with THE COMPANY departments in Tokyo and serve as liaison and translator between home office and NY-based FFSD team.
• Ad hoc projects, especially driven by THE COMPANY Tokyo home office and local planning department.
• Prepare internal and external presentations for senior stakeholders and regulatory bodies.
• Monitor and provide reporting on portfolio level regarding risk frameworks, exposure management.
• Contribute substantially to planning functions including determining profitability, funded assets extrapolation, pipeline management locally and globally.
• Demonstrate attention to detail and an ability to complete work accurately and precisely in a timely manner against strict deadlines with minimal need for revisions.
• Exhibit progress in achieving technical proficiency using all THE COMPANY analytical tools and internal financial models, and THE COMPANY systems necessary to perform the responsibilities of the role.
• Assist in the creation of internal reports and materials.
• Learn the basic structure of subscription finance facilities, including key documentation.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field; minimum 3 years of comparable experience.
• Business fluency (written and verbal) in English and Japanese.
• Experience in a corporate or institutional banking group preferred
• Extensive knowledge of credit risk analysis.
• Familiarity with bank regulations, risk and compliance factors and regulatory matters.
• Solid data and financial analytical skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple projects
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Discretion and sound judgement; able to handle confidential information appropriately and highly committed compliance requirements.