◆Job Title: HR Manager
◆Department and Division: Administration department, HR & GA Division
◆Location: Manhattan, NY
◆FLSA Status: Exempt
＜＜General Position Summary＞＞
This position is responsible for all areas relating to Human Resources functions which are at all the assigned areas. This position is also responsible for overseeing all the activities of staff members within the department for both East and West regions, as well as providing advices on other branches when necessary.
＜＜Essential Job Functions＞＞
◆Primary Job Functions
＜Human Resources Related Duties＞
• Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
• Maintains staff members by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing processes and programs, counseling managers on selected candidates, conducting and analyzing exit interviews, recommending organizational changes as well as overseeing of HR related procedures.
• Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
• Involving in pay structure and salary range matrix after the performance appraisal is completed.
• Plans, monitors and reviews performance appraisal for staff members by training managers including the disciplinary action procedures, scheduling management conferences with employees, hearing and resolving employee grievances, and counseling both employees and supervisors when necessary.
• Ensures legal compliance of organization procedures by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource requirements established by Federal and State laws and regulations, conducting necessary investigations, maintaining required records, and representing the organization at hearings when necessary.
• Monitors and analyzes workflow of HR & GA department in order to develop efficient and accurate procedures and programs.
• Maintains management guidelines and manuals by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures to the upper management.
• Maintains an excellent communication with staff members within the department; addresses, advices and troubleshoots issues both within and outside of the department as well as verifying of transaction reports.
• Responds to the inquiries from the President regarding visa results, special reporting requests, etc.
• Manages and maintains benefit related programs for the organization as a whole.
• Advices and corresponds regarding HR related issues and inquiries from US branches.
• Manages activities relating to staffing, employee education and training, management development, labor relations and benefit administrations.
• Troubleshoots human relations and work performance issues within the organization in order to improve employee human relations skills and work performance.
• Manages, plans, coordinates and direct internal communication activities related to HR functions.
• Assists in developing and implementing of HR related new procedures in order to enhance the workflow of the department.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Minimum of five years of previous experience in the same or similar position
Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and/or government regulations in
English and Japanese
Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in English and Japanese
Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, staff, clients, customers, and the
general public in English and Japanese