Processes and handles daily FX operations to provide high quality services with new and/or existing customers. Assists Foreign Exchange Desk Manager by supporting and exercising analytical and administrative functions, by fulfilling the requirements of client service aspects of the Bank’s foreign exchange business.
＜JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES＞
1. After verifying transactions in the FX system and/or custody system, prepares the dealing tickets for foreign exchange transactions to be executed by the Treasury Department.
2. Sends confirmations to the customers.
3. Processes the daily or periodical reporting to foreign exchange to the clients.
4. Maintains the FX system setting and the accounting profiles.
5. Improves workflows, the FX system, databases and physical filing methods.
6. Communicates with the Parent Bank, service agents and affiliates as needed and liaises between those organizations and the Bank’s operations areas.
7. Analyzes securities transactions, including corporate actions, of our custodial customers applicable for foreign exchange transactions and creates new workflows.
8. Assists department manager in making plan, promoting and improving FX services as a product to acquire new customers and new assets and cultivate the on-going relationship with existing customers
9. Updates various policies, procedures and manuals related to FX services.
10. Markets new products to meet clients’ needs. Provides information/publications to clients.
11. Manages maintenance of promotional data, and enhances those data for various uses and develops effective promotional tools/methods and promotes Bank’s products.
12. Coordinates to improve the Bank’s services including custody and other products.
13. Conducts regulatory compliance practices including BSA requirements. (Obtains appropriate information from proposed customers such as customer name, address, taxpayer identification number and government-issued documents)
14. Assists department manager’s responsibilities and other managers’ responsibilities in the department during his/her absence.
15. Performs all other duties as assigned by Management.
16. Provides high quality work by ensuring accuracy and seeking to continuously improve our processes and platforms by embracing new and better ways of doing things.
17. Enhances employee’s knowledge and understanding of job responsibilities through continuous communication and on the job training. Training should focus on establishing high quality/accuracy of work.
18. Performs FX operation as FX Manager including communication with related parties
19. Maintain FX system and improve FX manager operations. Contact FX counterparty if necessary
1. Either bachelor’s degrees in Business, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Accounting, or equivalent preferred.
2. 2 or 3 years’ work experience (work experience in Financial Institution preferred)
3. Strong PC skills in Japanese and English (MS Word, Excel, Access preferred).
4. Strong communication skills (verbal/written) in Japanese and English.