This support includes:
(1) Preparation of all relevant credit applications and reviews, including analysis of financial/non-financial information under limited supervision.
(2) Working effectively in partnership with other corporate teams, product providers, back office and compliance teams.
(3) Attending bank and client meetings as necessary.
– Credit analysis, applications and reviews
– Compliance and internal reporting
– Client facing activities; ie: bank meetings/client meetings
– Various additional relevant activities; ie: monitoring general economic and industry news etc.
1) Prepare and manage credit applications in accordance with bank guidelines under limited supervision
2) Participate in new transactions/refinancing/amendments and coordinate with internal/external parties
3) Ensure all credit reviews are completed in a timely manner with minimal errors.
4) Monitor the performance of assigned accounts by conducting periodic and annual reviews, and creating credit alarms when necessary.
5) Occasional need to work longer weekday hours and weekend hours.
Preferred Previous Work Experience:
– Experience in a Commercial or Corporate Banking analytical focused position is preferred.
– Bachelor’s degree in a business or finance related major (economics, accounting, etc.) preferred, or its equivalent
– Formal credit/financial analyst training preferred.
– MBA and/or CFA a plus
– Analytical and financial skills (finance and accounting knowledge)
– Ability to work under limited supervision (prioritizing, organizational and time management skills) and learn and adapt quickly
– Strong ‘team’ skills promoting an environment of cooperation and trust, ability to work well as a team member through challenging and high pressure situations
– Strong verbal and written communications skills
Other Skills, Abilities and/or Training:
– Writing, reading and verbal communication skills in both Japanese and English required
– Experience in or ability to work in a client focused environment preferred
– Experience in or ability to work in a global environment preferred
– PC literacy (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, PDF, etc.)