The Business Control Analyst will assist with review of deal documentation, set-up of covenants tracking, and updates to Covenants Compliance Database. Candidates should have the ability to evaluate covenants tracking requirements in loan agreements, communicate clearly with Front Office departments, activate covenants on Covenants Compliance Database and follow amending documentation. The incumbent will review incoming reports, update database and follow up on missed reporting. He/she will work with Access Database software processes to produce Covenant and Legal Profiles, address extension of deals and maintain relevant communications and documents to satisfy audit inquiries. Japanese language skills (verbal and written) are strongly preferred.
-40% – Research loan documents to identify covenants; compose legal and covenant profiles; set-up covenants on Covenants System. Ensures thorough review of loan documents and details communicated by Front Office; proper set-up on Covenants System.
-20% – Process covenant-related Amendments and Extensions; maintain Access Database current. Update Systems to reflect changes to covenant tracking requirements and extensions to maturity dates.
-10% – Review and approve other Analysts’ covenants set-up. Two-step approval process ensures adherence with departmental procedures.
-15% – Review compliance reports received, update Covenants System to meet covenant requirements and audit satisfaction.
-10% – Monitor exhausted covenants to ensure follow-up with Front Office on related legal documents for extension and ensure reporting due dates are not missed.
-5% – Follow-up with Relationship Managers weekly on missed reporting to resolve outstanding issues.
· Ability to interpret credit agreements and related documentation
· Knowledge of corporate lending operations
· Knowledge of covenants tracking
· Good organizational and follow-up skills
· Follows instructions; detail-oriented
· Reliable, punctual
· Previous System Responsibilities
· Previous Use of Access Database
· 2-3 years’ banking experience
· Covenants tracking experience
· Well-organized approach to meeting job requirements
· Good oral and written English skills; Japanese a plus
· Team-oriented; willingness back-up and cross-train on departmental functions
· Knowledge of LIQ a plus
· Accounting background a plus
· Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access