★ Proficiency skills in Japanese is preferred.
＜TITLE:＞ Assistant Manager, Marketing & Contracts
＜LOCATION:＞ New York
＜SUMMARY OF POSITION:＞
Provides sales and marketing support function to The Company Japan for international and U.S. domestic customers/clients. Responsible for Sales & Administrative functions & Logistics coordination with freight forwarders. Create new Business Development independent of The Company Japan business.
▪ Handle assigned account(s) to issue purchase order, apply export license, arrange export/import shipments, arrange payment, handle claims, and collect commission payment utilizing The Company’s Management Total Systems(MTS).
▪ Arrange customer visits from Japan and support & coordinate meetings such a translation and prepare meeting minutes, arrange travel arrangements for the customer.
▪ Manage export and import licensing requirements, coordinate logistics operation for export and import working with NY Business Department staff.
▪ Develop new accounts and expand the customer base in North America working with The Company Japan.
▪ Obtain accurate information from vendors relating to shipment dates and expected date of delivery.
▪ Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery and expedite as needed.
▪ Attending sales meetings, vendor training and trade shows, or reading trade journals to maintain current industry knowledge.
▪ Handling product claims between the customer and manufacture/distributors.
▪ Review and manage accounting activities for assigned accounts. (Commission A/R, Merchandise A/P & A/R and Claim merchandise & Freight A/R & A/P)
▪ Support new SAP development from late 2023.
＜EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:＞
Basic knowledge of import/export procedures, logistics, terminology, and documentation
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word & Power Point.
Basic bookkeeping skills.
Ability to communicate effectively with those inside/outside the Company
Strong organizational skills and must meet deadlines
Proficiency skills in Japanese is preferred.
Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
◆Business Trip will be required for this position.
◆Currently, 2 days in-office work is mandated.
◆Knowledge of SAP is a plus to the position.