＜General Position Summary＞
This position is responsible for performing accounts payable/receivable and expense process functions as well as other administrative and clerical duties. This position is also responsible for assisting the supervisor by performing related duties.
＜Essential Job Functions＞
１）Primary Job Functions
• Maintains the invoices and statements from all the vendors; files and organizes the documents.
• Reviews and verifies all the invoices and statements; contacts the related sections, vendors, and hotels immediately to resolve the discrepancy when questionable charges appear on the statements.
• Processes payments for the vendors, other branches, credit cards, wholesale costs and ARC in a timely manner.
• Directs all deposits and payments, issues the checks for payments/refunds.
• Processes expenses for business trips and employee discounts.
• Researches for unpaid invoices.
• Performs the journal entries of costs and expenses into the system.
• Monitors and closes the petty cash on monthly basis.
• Posts daily cash receipts and deposits from various sales, commissions into appropriate ledgers.
• Posts a receipt of payment on each customer’s account; keeps track of collection status for each customer and follows-up on any delinquent accounts.
• Makes deposits and performs the data entry in to the system; enters the sales and deports data into GP, etc.
• Issues invoices and receipts as necessary; invoices vendors, invoices HQ in Japan for the Hotel Reservations department and Tour Operation department, manages invoices for THE COMPANY group companies.
• Manages commissions for employees.
• Generates accounts receivable report and daily cash sales report.
• Prepares for bank deposits and record the transactions.
• Creates reports for unpaid deposits, discrepancies, losses and balances for accounts receivable.
• Processes various expenses such as general payments, Master Card, etc.
• Creates and maintains financial documents.
• Manages funds and resources.
• Maintains and processes tasks on line (Authorize Net, AMEX, Banks, etc.)
• Operates the accounting related software (HOPS, Challenge, Apollo, GlobalWare, IAR, ARC, GP, etc.)
◆Experience /Minimum Qualifications Needed
• Language Skills
Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and/or government regulations in English and Japanese
Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in English and Japanese
Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, staff, clients, customers, and the general public in English and Japanese
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience
Between six months to one year of previous experience in the same or similar position is preferred.