◆General Position Summary
This position is responsible for overseeing all the activities involved in accounting functions and financial reporting as well as overseeing all the activities of staff members in the department. This position is also responsible for making recommendations to the President for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
◆Primary Job Functions
Management and Duties
● Must meet the deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general documents and financial reporting.
● Applies a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
● Ensures an accurate and timely close on monthly, quarterly, and annually.
● Ensures and develops reports for all monthly financial information in a timely manner.
● Initiates and leads budget and forecasting activities.
● Monitors and analyzes departments’ workflows in order to develop more efficient procedures.
● Manages resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
● Maintains an excellent communication with other departments to verify transaction report data and issues.
● Advises staff members regarding the handling of non-routine transactions.
● Responds to the inquiries from the President regarding financial results, special reporting requests, etc.
● Works with the retained CPA firm to ensure a clean and timely year end audit and quarterly reviews.
● Assists in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
● Provides training to new and existing staff as needed.
● Monitors cash deposition, plans effective cash management.
＜Experience /Minimum Qualifications Needed＞
● Language Skills
Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and/or government regulations in English and Japanese
Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in English and Japanese
Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, staff, clients, customers, and the general public in English and Japanese
● Mathematical Skills
Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area circumstance, and volume
● Reasoning Abilities
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
Ability to analyse information and solve problems on a complex level in various situations
● Other Required Skills
Must be tactful, mature, and flexible
Must have the ability to review, assess and understand technical documents, drawings and other documents with no advance exposure and then engage in discussions internally and with customers
Must have the ability to analyse and utilize legal/financial documents (contracts, purchase orders, etc.)
Must be able to use a computer and such applications as Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel
❖ Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Business Management with an emphasis in Accounting
❖ Five to six years of previous experience in the same or similar position is preferred; CPA preferred.