|Title||Accounting Assistant Bilingual/Japanese (Yonkers, NY) (DOE)|
|Posted Date||March 21, 2023|
This position is responsible for providing financial, administrative, and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient, and accurate financial and administrative operations. This position must comply with established policies and procedures. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
· Prepare, verify, and process customer invoices and coding payment documents
· Prepare bank deposits
· Monitor customer account details for no payment, delayed payments, and other irregularities, and interact with customers to resolve outstanding issues
· Process vendor invoices (incoming & verifying PO’s or receiving tickets), posting to vendor accounts
· Perform Journal entries
· Prepare and maintain various reports
· Support budget and forecast activities- monitor department expenditure, prepare budget/forecast reports for the monthly meeting, set up a monthly meeting
· Support J-SOX auditing- collect data and documents for auditing
· Issue various work order numbers
· Associate degree in Accounting/Finance
· 2+ years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies, and procedures that reflect the financial services industry is preferred.
· Must be proficient in MS Excel software programs
· Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing in both Japanese and English
· Strong organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills is required.
· Knowledge of basic business math is required.
· Experience in SAP or similar accounting program is a plus