The COMPANY is a Japan-based company engaged in newsgathering and electronic news and data distribution and analysis primarily in the fields of economics, finance, business, and international trade. The New York office of The COMPANY is responsible for monitoring, gathering, analyzing and reporting news, data and other information of interest originating or sourced in the United States.
The COMPANY is looking for a correspondent for its NY office.
This position is responsible for reporting and analyzing information about economics, finance, business, etc., based on instruction from the bureau chief and news editor.
• Seeking out and gathering information about the stock market, bond market, foreign exchange market, commodity market, etc.
• Writing news stories, articles, and columns for The COMPANY’s various publications, especially electric media including The COMPANY Online Edition etc.
• Evaluating, verifying, fact-checking through interviews and research
• Cooperating with other correspondents to improve overall the news section performance, based on instructions from the bureau chief and news editor
• Other services relating to the operations and activities of the New York office of The COMPANY, as may be required from time to time
• $56,000 to $62,000
• Additional compensation (bonus)
＜What they offer to our employees＞
• Medical & dental Insurance for employees and his/her family members (100% premium paid by the company)
• Life Insurance
• Accidental death & disability insurance
• Paid time off such as vacation, personal, sick leave, and bereavement leave
• 401k program
• Profit sharing
• Flexible and hybrid working
• Reimbursement for annual physical check-up
• 10th, 20th, 30th year employment anniversary compensation and time-off
＜Educational and Experience＞
• Bachelor’s degree and at least a couple of years of experience in a media/financial field
＜What you need to be successful in this role＞
• Strong sense of journalistic integrity and professionalism
• Excellent command of both Japanese and English languages
• Advanced knowledge and keen interest in economics, finance, business, etc.
• Ability to produce high-quality output with minimum error and in a timely manner
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly understand supervisor’s instructions and keep supervisor informed of the work status and progress
• Must process computer literacy skills to learn and use other software applications and digital devices currently used, or to be used in the future, in the news section